Mr MD Zaker Ullah
Mr Ullah trained as a surgeon in the UK from 1993 in a variety of teaching and district general hospitals until he was appointed as consultant general surgeon specialising in oncoplastic breast surgery at Whipps Cross Hospital (Barts Health NHS Trust).
Mr Ullah has a keen interest in oncoplastic breast surgery and he has been trained in hospitals such as The Royal Marsden Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital & The Royal Free Hospital. This training has enabled him to gain extensive experience in both benign and malignant breast conditions, as well as inspiring him to introduce the one-stop breast clinic at Whipps Cross Hospital.
Mr Ullah’s areas of interest include Breast Surgery: oncoplastic-breast surgery providing a one-stop service for benign and malignant breast diseases and General Surgery: laparoscopic surgery for gall bladder, gallstones, appendicectomy and hernia surgery.
- M Z Ullah, H Patel, A Tanner, G Lauffer, Second case report of a metachronous double primary gastric cancer; Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2005 Sep;66(9):538-9.
- M Z Ullah, A Bhargava, S Jacob. Laparoscopic totally extra-peritoneal (TEP) repair of inguinal hernia by a glove-balloon; Surgical Endoscopy, 2004; 18/S;136
- M Z Ullah, A Bhargava, Clinical comparison of defects with that found during laparoscopic repair of ventral hernia: a case for high recurrence rate in open repair of ventral hernia; BJS, vol 92/S1,2005
- M Z Ullah, O A Fajobi, A M Bhargava, Long-axis rotational volvulus in a W pouch: An unusual but potentially preventable problem. Report of a case, Diseases of Colon and Rectum 2007 Apr;50(4):540-3.
- M Z Ullah, A Bhargava, S Jacob, Totally extra-peritoneal repair of inguinal hernia by a glove balloon; Technical Innovation, The Surgeon-Journal of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland. August 2007 Vol 4 No 5
- M Z Ullah, Dr M Jamal-Hanjani, Dr E Wujanto, A Murphy, Mr N Al-Holo, Mr A Ojo, Mr S J Snooks. Is the incidence of breast cancer among Asian women higher at a younger age than that of non-Asian women? EJSO December 2008
- A Siddika, M Jamal-Hanjani, J Coker, M Z Ullah, Laparoscopy a tool for diagnosis of omental torsion; International Journal of Clinical Practice 2008 November;62(11):1807-8
- M Z Ullah, Tim Davidson; Training in Surgical Specialities; Foundation years journal 2008,September;02(7):350-1
- Wahab, T., Davidson, T., Banerjee, S., Ullah, M.Z., Byron, N., Davison, S., El-Sheikh, S., McDermott, N. and Keshtgar, M., 2012. Results of a “belt and braces” approach to using OSNA: What to do when there is discordance with histology. European Journal of Surgical Oncology, 38(5), p.447.
- Clark, S. and Ullah, M.Z., 2018, August. Reverse Abdominoplasty: A practical approach for oncoplastic reconstruction of major chest wall defects after breast cancer surgery. In BRITISH JOURNAL OF SURGERY (Vol. 105, pp. 79-79). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Awad, A., Pampiglione, T. and Ullah, Z., 2019. Abdominal tuberculosis with a Pseudo-Sister Mary Joseph nodule mimicking peritoneal carcinomatosis. BMJ Case Reports CP, 12(6), p.e229624.
- MBBS, FRCSEd, FRCS (Gen.)
- General Surgery