The primary objective of the Trust is to encourage, assist and extend the academic and research activities of all members of the medical, dental and allied professions, practicing within the catchment area served by Whipps Cross University Hospital and NHS Waltham Forest Commissioning Group. The trust aim to do this through the delivery of quality educational training, funding grant support for research activity and bursary support for educational and research activity for healthcare professionals from the catchment area to enable them to publish their work in a recognised national and international journals or to present their work at a recognised national and international academic conference.
Applications will be considered by the Trustees of the Whipps Cross University Hospital Medical Education and Research Trust twice a year. Dates will be announced on the website when confirmed.
** Please note the facility to apply for funding will be available via the website soon. In the meantime if you are interested in applying for funding please email the following address and state in your email what type of funding you are applying for (Course Attendance, Presenting a paper at a conference, R&D/QI project or Paper publication) Hello@whippscrosswf.com
De Jode Fund
- Open to applications from any doctor or dentist in the training grades employed by Whipps Cross University Hospital NHS Trust (WXUHT) or GP trainees within Waltham Forest
Funding will be available to assist with:
- Publication of research papers carried out at Whipps Cross or within Waltham Forest
- Presentation of research carried out at Whipps Cross or within Waltham Forest
- Applications can be made for funding towards registration fees to enable original research to be presented at international meetings in the UK or abroad.
- Research & Development/ Quality Improvement Projects at Whipps Cross or within Waltham Forest
- All work/research must be performed within Waltham Forest or at WXUHT.
- Attendance at an educational course
- Applications will only be considered if submitted on a fully completed application form accompanied by:
1. An abstract of the work/ presentation.
2. A copy of the acceptance letter from the organising body.
3. A copy of the meeting registration confirmation/receipt.
4. A letter from the Trust detailing that your Study Budget has been used and what it was used for.
5. The supporting documentation is approved by your Consultant, Senior Partner or Principal Supervisor.
- Applications will be considered by the Trustees of the Whipps Cross University Hospital Medical Education and Research Trust twice a year. Dates will be announced on the website when confirmed..
- Exceptionally, grants may be awarded by Chairman’s action to be ratified at the next full meeting.
- Granting of awards is at the discretion of the Trustees alone, who may seek independent expert advice in assessing an application.
- Awards will be granted at the discretion of the Trustees up to a maximum of £500 annually; but the actual sum for any award will remain at the discretion of the Trustees.
- Applicants may apply for one De Jode fund per year.
- Payment to successful applicants will be issued after the presentation/ publication/ attendance and on submission of receipts for expenses incurred.
** Please note that Case Reports will only be considered if there is additional scientific work which shows novel mechanism / treatment and has been accepted to a medical journal with a recognised impact factor **