Finding the Whipps Cross Eye Treatment Centre
Please see hospital map below showing the location of the Whipps Cross Eye Treatment Centre. When on site, the important thing to note is that the Whipps Cross Eye Treatment Centre is situated in the yellow zone and it is clearly marked on the map and is sign posted in the hospital.
If you are coming by car, the main entrance to the hospital is on Whipps Cross Road (the A114) near Whipps Cross roundabout. For the Red, Yellow, Orange and Pink Zones, use this entrance.
- The northern end of the A114 connects to the North Circular Road (A406) at the Waterworks roundabout via Woodford New Road (A104)
- The southern end of the A114 is at the Green Man roundabout with its links to the M11 motorway and A12 Eastern Avenue at the Redbridge roundabout and Leytonstone High Road (A11)
- The James Lane entrance should be used for the Purple Zone, the Green Zone or the Yellow Zone.
Please note: Car parking is at the cost of the individual. we are unable to offer any discount to those attending a course
Car parking is not allowed on any double-yellow lines, nor on the Hospital’s own ‘red route’. Your car may be clamped, and you may also receive a fine!
- Bus Number 257 – Stratford, Leytonstone, Whipps Cross, Leyton (Bakers Arms), Walthamstow Central Station
- Bus Number 357 – Chingford Hatch, Chingford Mount, Crooked Billet, Walthamstow Central, Leyton, Whipps Cross. Extended Sundays to Whipps Cross University Hospital
- Bus Number W15 – Higham Hill Avenue (Cogan Avenue Estate), Higham Hill Road, Selborne Road, Walthamstow Central, Leyton (Baker’s Arms), Whipps Cross, Leytonstone Station, Grove Green Road, Homerton Road, Homerton, Hackney Central Station
- Bus Number W12 – Wanstead, Elmcroft Avenue, South Woodford, Snaresbrook Road, Whipps Cross University Hospital, Shernhall Street, Walthamstow Central Station, Selborne Road, Mission Grove, Walthamstow (Coppermill Lane)
- Bus Number W19 – Walthamstow Central, Leyton (Baker’s Arms), Whipps Cross, Leytonstone, Aldersbrook Road, Manor Park, Ilford. (Mondays -Saturdays except evenings)
Can be used by anyone but they have a wheel-chair lift and are designed for those who find it difficult to use regular buses.
Access & Mobility
A leaflet called ‘Better access to London’s transport system’ and a booklet called ‘Access to the Underground’ are available from:
Transport for London
Access and Mobility
42-50 Victoria Street
London, SW1H 0TL
Tel: 020 7941 4600
London Transport’s 24-Hour Travel Info Service:
020 7222 1234
020 7918 3015 minicom
Nearest tube station on the Central Line to the hospital is Leytonstone, one mile away.
Take the W15 bus directly into the hospital grounds or get a taxi.
For buses, take the right exit from the station and for the taxi rank take the left exit.
Nearest tube station on the Victoria Line is Walthamstow Central, one and a half miles away. (It is also a rail station.) For bus connections see bus information.
Half a mile away is Wood Street, the nearest rail station to the hospital on the Liverpool Street to Chingford line. From Wood Street take the W16 bus and change to the W15 bus at Bakers Arms or get a taxi from the station direct.
Silverlink’s Barking to Gospel Oak line stops at Leytonstone High Road and Leyton Midland Road.